I have so much to blog about (which isn't normal it seems). I decided to title this post "I am me and I am a Mom" because that is a great title and I forget that sometimes. Some wonderful girls in my area put together a retreat. There were about 16 of us that went up to Park City Friday and came back Saturday evening. We talked about working out with kids, activities to do and teaching kids, being more green, disciplining ideas, scripture study, organizing, and more. It was amazing and exactly what I needed. It was so uplifting, informative, and just flat out fun!
I am blogging about it because I have to share what I learned. It was like an epiphany. Mom's are always so hard on themselves. I feel like I am trying to be perfect at everything all the time that it makes it so I'm not perfect at anything. This weekend I realized that instead of finding one thing I can be the best at I just need to work on being balanced. I guess work on perfect balance and harmony. To some of you this might seem like a no duh, but for me it was like a light just turned on. I love so many different things. I like to cook, I like photography, I love painting, I like gardening, I like reading, I like socializing, I like blogging, I like hiking. I like a ton of things but I do not consider myself great at any one thing. I realized today that that is just fine. I don't have to be the person people come to for advice because I am a professional.
I don't answer to anyone during my day really. I am me and I am a mom. I decide my schedule, I decide how my day will go. I decide when my kids and I will eat, or read, or play, or sleep. I am control of my life. If something gets to me it's because I decided to let it. I decide how my day will go, how my life will go. And I decide to make it fantastic!
Thanks girls for the most uplifting weekend I have had in a while! Love you all!
1 comment:
That sounds so wonderful. Every mom needs some time with the ladies don't you think?
Post a Comment